Thursday, July 17, 2014

Movie Trailer: Hector and the Search for Happiness (2014)



This movie looks like it maybe borders into Eat, Pray, Love 'travelling is inspirational, look at me smile at the tiny child and dance like no one is watching' territory, but I have a crazy amount of love for Simon Pegg (and a lot of the cast, hot damn) so I am willing to forgive a little bit sentimentality for a film with him as the lead.

It's based on a book by a French psychologist, François Lelord, and I am actually really interested to read it now. Wikipedia says that the book is:
"on psychology written for ordinary readers; it tells the story of Hector, a psychiatrist, who travels around the world in search of what it is that makes people happy. The book is written in a simple, humorous style, and gives psychological advice and thought-provoking impulses without even touching dry theory"
I love psychology and specifically created an honours project that let me tie it in to film analysis, but it can be dry as hell. So huzzah for Lelord writing for the layman!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...