Thursday, January 30, 2014

Movie Trailer:The Fault In Our Stars (2014)



So it was always pretty obvious that John Green's most beloved novel would be made into a film eventually and here's the resulting trailer. It's starring Shailene Woodley (from Divergent and The Descendants - I swear I couldn't pick her out of a line up if my life depended on it), Willem Dafoe (as author Peter Van Houten), Ansel Egort (as Augustus, interestingly also in Divergent) and...Sam from True Blood as Hazel's dad? That's SO not who I was seeing when I read the book.

I didn't hate the book, but I also didn't think it was as good as all of the reviews made it out to be. Did John Green try to do something different? Yeah, sorta. Was it still completely emotionally manipulative? Oh my god yes. And it looks like the film is going to hit the same notes completely. And while these sorts of books usually make me anger-cry, the films just usually make me bored. On the plus side it looks like they found the smarmiest and smuggest actor to play Augustus, I can't even handle his face saying those lines I want to punch it so much, so they're clearly going for accuracy. Also, does anyone else think Woodley and Elgot could be brother and sister? It's kind of weird to see them making out what with them looking IDENTICAL.

But enough trailer-bashing. If you liked/loved the book it looks like it's going to be a pretty true representation of Green's story and it looks like it's decently made so it should be a pretty good (and sobby) cinema experience. It comes out in June pretty much world wide.

For my review of THE FAULT IN OUR STARS click here

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...