Monday, September 2, 2013

RIP VIII


A couple of years ago Tom and I walked through Bookfest with a copy of Stephen King's Danse Macabre and bought all the books that he recommended. Well, maybe not all of them, but we bought a lot. Needless to say, even though I loved adding 30+ horror titles to our bookshelves, I still have plenty of them sitting there unread. Enter RIP VIII! If it hadn't been for a miscommunication on Instagram where I thought Laura was saying RIP to books she was chucking away, I probably wouldn't have known about this event (or at least, I wouldn't have known about it until today when I saw everyone's posts for it), so I'm chalking that up to fate and that I HAVE to take part. Because even horror books get sad when they sit unread on shelves. 

Since it's over two months I'm going to aim for 'peril the first', which means you'll be seeing at least four horror book reviews up around here. Since my shelves are so well stocked with unread horror I'm not going to have a definite read list but I did put a photo on instagram of possible reads.





Ira Levin -Son of Rosemary*
Stephen King - The Dark Half
Joe Hill - 20th Century Ghosts
Clive Barker - The Hellbound Heart
Ramsey Campbell - The Doll Who Ate His Mother
Will Elliott - The Pilo Family Circus
Bram Stoker - Lair of the White Worm
Various authors - Horror omnibus

I'm going to try and keep it from becoming an all out Stephen Kingathon, so between every King book I'm going to read two non-king books. This way I'll get to read some Will Elliott, Clive Barker, Bram Stoker, Ramsey Campbell as well as the King. And because I'm a firm believer of 'go big or go home' I'm also going to take part in 'peril on the screen' and 'Peril of the short story' - that way I can also knock out a bunch of those unread horror anthologies and unwatched horror films that I keep buying. Two birds please meet one stone.

And since I know that a lot of you aren't as into horror as I am, I'm going to try and keep my regular non-horror reading up as well. I've got at least two non-horror reviews written and ready to publish, so even if I don't technically read any non-horror over the next two months it'll seem like I have. And if you do super-like horror and have been sad that I haven't posted more of it in the past, may I direct you to my actual horror blog? I've not been too good at updating it recently, but I think this might change that somewhat.



*This is supposed to be TERRIBLE, but I couldn't help myself.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...