Monday, July 1, 2013

Monday Links



*^ It is ridiculous how funny I find this video. Seriously bonkers. ^

*14 books to read before they hit the cinema this year, LOTS of YA. (also, when was it announced that The Fault in Our Stars was being made into a film?) (also, FUCK YES HORNS IN OCTOBER) (via Buzzfeed)

*The first of the Game of Thrones season 4 casting news is out. The Red Viper has been cast! (Via Uproxx)

*Michael over at Literary Exploration shared his favourite 5 bookish podcasts. Got any other recommendations? (Via Literary Exploration)

*Authors in love on their wedding day? Yes please, I would like to see those pictures! (Via Flavorwire)

*Buzzfeed collated some of the "harsh realities" about the HP world. I have an issue with #6 (and, well, most of them), because I know we discussed this during the readalong and since there are only 2 people in the misuse of muggle artifacts office I don't think it's Mr Weasley's political affiliations which affected his pay grade. Or at least not fully. Anyway, read it more for the comments. (Via Buzzfeed)

*Speaking of Harry Potter, Book Riot have the antidote to our Readalong pains! Apparently the Grisha Trilogy is where it is at. (Via Book Riot)

*Richard Matheson, author of I Am Legend (one of my absolute favourite books), died last week. I've been hunting for the perfect obituary to share but I don't feel like any of them did a great job summarising the life of this man, ugh, and so maybe "he was legend" pun titles. But the NY Times write up wasn't too bad nor was the one in The Guardian.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...