Wednesday, June 6, 2012

A question to any American and Canadian readers

I'm in the process of applying for a scholarship to travel overseas and study at a foreign university for 4-6 months. I've decided I'd like to look at American or Canadian universities, so I need you help! There are freaking 1000s of colleges/universities over there, so does anyone know from personal experience which schools have really decent film/cinema studies departments and/or Asian studies departments?

Any advice is much appreciated!

4 comments:

  1. UCLA might be a good fit. USC has a famously good film department. California might be the way to go.

    I loved studying abroad. You'll have a fabulous experience I'm sure, wherever you choose.

    ReplyDelete
  2. UCLA and USC both came to mind to me as well, depending how they work for money, since both are really expensive (I have no idea how study abroad deals with funds). My neighbor's grand daughter is going to UCLA for their film department. There is another, smaller university that has a film department that my neighbor's daughter in law works in, but I'd need to double check the university

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this is the other one I was thinking of: http://www.chapman.edu/dodge/index.aspx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks a lot guys, you are both the best! UCLA looks like it could be a really great fit, I'd be going on a scholarship, so money wouldn't be an issue as far as I'm aware.

    I really hope I can make this happen!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...