Wednesday, May 23, 2012

The Great Gatsby trailer

The trailer for Baz Luhrmann's adaptation of The Great Gatsby is out. I'm still not 100% sold on Carey Mulligan as Daisy and I have no idea why it's in 3D, but the trailer portrays an impressive film, visually at the very least. I'm excited to see this, I've like most of Luhrmann's work (Romeo and Juliet was amazing...if you don't align it too closely to the play) and Leonard DiCaprio is one of my favourite actors. Plus the 1920s are easily my favourite era...those clothes, the design, the hedonistic parties!

What does everyone else think?




3 comments:

  1. I think it looks good! I'm not sure I even like The Great Gatsby (in that, I've read it at least twice, and I really can't remember anything that happens in it) so I'll maybe have to change that by attempting the book again and, then seeing the movie. Maybe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like an interesting movie; but I'm a little concerned by the trailer. The music is wrong and it looks like a frat party (but with better style).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michael I worried about that too, but one of my friends said she thought it was more likely this was to draw people into a movie they might be unlikely to pick otherwise. So I'm hoping she's right.

    Then again, the 20s basically were one long frat party for the people who could afford it. They weren't exactly known for throwing quiet parties

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...