Sunday, May 29, 2011

My Favourite Cover : Bram Stoker's Dracula

I still haven't actually read this yet (I know, I know!) but as soon as I saw this cover I simply had to have it! The cover art is done by the fashion illustrator Ruben Toledo, who also designed covers for a multitude of other classic texts as part of a Penguin Classics Deluxe Edition set. I've also seen the Alice in Wonderland cover he did and thought it was Divine. It wasn't because of Toledo that I bought this edition (I didn't know who he was till I cracked open the cover and saw the little bio), but because I was immediately attracted to the orange and pink cover with the black silhouette drawings on both front and back. The pages are also slightly shorn and uneven and when combined with the paper cover it almost feels like a personalised manuscript rather than one of those mass produced bland editions you see in high school libraries (no offence!). It probably isn't everyone's cup of tea, but it certainly is mine and I can't wait to read it!




*Sorry about how dark the pictures are, I brilliantly decided to take them at night!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...