Thursday, May 12, 2011

Happy unbirthday to me...

I'm trying to be good and save my money and frequent the library more often, but yesterday I caved and bought myself three new books, two for the 'book to movie' challenge and one just because It has been on my wishlist for far too long. The books for the challenge probably won't be reviewed on the website for a couple of months, but I'm having to hold myself back from starting the third immediately, so expect a review up as soon as I finish it. Want to know what I bought?

 Never Let me Go by Kazuo Ishiguru


True Grit by Charles Portis

American Gods by Neil Gaiman

 Has anyone else splurged on some books recently?

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely adore American Gods. It's being developed into a series for (I think) HBO. Or maybe it's Showtime. No, It's HBO. Anyway, it's a really great book; very imaginative and one of Gaiman's best.

    The last time I splurged on books was at the beginning of the month. It only cost me six bucks but I got 11 books from a library book sale. In this case it's more the number of books that's the splurge, not how much it cost.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's my kind of book splurge!

    I'll have to get on to American Gods quickly then so that I can see the series when it comes out. I've been meaning to get my hands on this book for so long, I've heard so many good things about it

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...